Just a few thoughts for us to apply from this week’s Torah portion: Toldot.
- Pregnancy is a time for deep reflection and perhaps a personal message from YHVH!
- The best things come to those who wait.
- Being the oldest can be overrated.
- Our children are individuals, right from the womb.
- I like the quiet life, dwelling in tents. YHVH wants us to enjoy our home life, not constantly look for ways to get out of the home.
- When you go out hunting, pack a lunch!
- We should not let our stomachs control us. Many mistakes can be made under the influence of hunger pangs.
- Avoid the mistakes of your father, don’t repeat them!
- Don’t tell anyone that your wife is your sister! It’s just not a good plan!
- Following the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob brings blessings a hundredfold.
- Avoid conflict. Don’t fight over things. YHVH will provide.
- When YHVH speaks to you, answer Him with worship.
- As much as is in your power, make and keep peace with your neighbors.
- When YHVH tells you something, act on it and do what is right, no matter what.
- When someone has goatskins on their arms, question it.
- The early bird catches the worm.
- Your actions should not be controlled by spite.
Shabbat Shalom! What did you learn from Toldot this week?